Full Stack Software Developer
- Smart home scale up with a social purpose
- You will be working on an IoT data collection, analytics and visualisation platform
- Improving health, wellbeing safety and carbon footprint
- Full stack
We are a diverse team of product and technology enthusiasts who are passionate about creating a positive change in society. The healthiness of our indoor environment dramatically affects our own health. Utilising a set of simple connected sensors in the home we are able to predict a wide range of issues from air quality, mould and allergens, as well as fire safety insights and home energy efficiency. We are a values driven company that is delivering environmental and social benefits.
We are looking for a Software Developer who has full-stack experience and an interest in data analytics and visualisation. You will be working on an IoT data collection, analytics and visualisation platform utilising some of the latest and greatest technologies and will be responsible for the entire depth and breadth of your work from frontend, API development, persistence and messaging to deployment to operations and monitoring the live platform.
- Help develop HomeLINK’s next generation dashboard
- Contribute to and help steer a modern, microservices based platform
- Write clean and SOLID code covered by automated tests
- Developer back-end systems including integrations, API’s and messaging system
- Can write a SQL query with your eyes shut (we use mysql and SQL Server, any flavour will do)
- Knowledge and experience in Angular 5+ (we currently use 8) or a modern front end JS framework such as react or vue
- Experience building and utilising RESTful APIs
- Comfortable working with linux – we develop on and deploy exclusively to linux systems
- Has strong git-fu
- Understands the importance of automated/unit tests
- Experience with AWS
- Understands networking/sys-admin/dev-ops fundamentals
- Security focused with a strong understanding of security fundamentals
- Experience working with microservice architectures
- Comfortable working with and administering ElasticSearch
- Experience working with and setting up continuous delivery/integration
- Exposure to messaged based system using tools such as RabbitMq, Kafka, ActiveMq, SQS, msmq, Azure Service Bus etc
- A personal github with some interesting code or contributions to other open source projects.
- Experience with a strongly typed languages such as c# or java
- An interest in or experience with IoT
- Tech pack – including decent phone, laptop and noise cancelling headphones
- Gym membership
- Training courses
- Monthly book allowance
- Flexible working
- Casual dress
- Free snacks and drinks
Want to make a difference and be part of an exciting early business that is well-backed?
Send in your CV and cover letter now to email@example.com or click the “apply now” button below.