Senior Machine Learning Engineer
HomeLINK is a successful Bristol-based start-up, now in the process of rapidly expanding having joined the Ei Group of companies in 2020. HomeLINK’s success to date has been founded upon the combination of cutting-edge IoT technology with innovative data science, supported by a socially responsible and ethical business model.
To maintain and extend our position at the head of the market, HomeLINK is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer who will help shape the next-generation technology platform and play a central role in scaling the business.
As part of the Data Science team, you will contribute to all aspects of the Data Science project lifecycle with a focus on production. You will help lead complex and diverse projects, leveraging the full spectrum of data science technologies to deliver cutting-edge insights to customers.
- Help build the next-generation HomeLINK platform for storing and processing IoT data, for building and testing models, and for facilitating long-term evaluation and diagnosis.
- Work with data scientists and development teams to enhance the analytical infrastructure and deliver production-ready code.
- Develop algorithms to provide insights into the health of the properties of our clients using statistical analysis, machine learning (ML) and physical models.
- Collaborate with QA teams on establishment and maintenance of effective testing regimes for data scientific functions.
- Take the initiative to influence the shape of the future platform, and help drive its long-term evolution.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and optimise across the board, and to exploit new technology within the platform.
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant scientific or numerate discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Engineering
- At least 4 years experience in commercial data science, working with large, diverse, data sets including time-series data.
- Background in designing and implementing statistical or ML models for production workloads, covering scalable model development, deployment, testing, diagnosis and continuous evaluation.
- Experience of deploying data science projects to production systems using continuous delivery on cloud infrastructure platforms, such as AWS.
- Advanced skills in Python (must-have) and C++ (ideally), alongside exposure to mixed-language environments.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL DBs such as Elasticsearch.
- Excellent knowledge of the principal Python data science libraries.
- Relevant postgraduate experience.
- Formal background in probability and statistics.
- Knowledge of the capabilities, advantages and limitations of the many ML frameworks.
- Practical experience of major ML frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pyro et al).
- Knowledge of platforms such as Apache Spark and AWS RedShift.
- Practical experience of coding in NodeJS.
- Competitive salary.
- Be part of a highly skilled team.
- Be part of the company at a transformational point in its history.
- Modern tech stack (AWS, microservices, infrastructure as code, serverless).
- Flexible working hours.
- Significant flexibility and autonomy in your work.
Want to make a difference and be part of an exciting business that is well-backed?
Send in your CV and cover letter now to email@example.com or click the “apply now” button below.
Closing date: 31st March 2021